Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Hows it going


So much has happened in these past few months that it seems I have been in college for years already. From failing my first exam in college to acing my first exam in college. Many times I have been home sick and wished I was with my family, while other times I’m at parties living it up. My advice to incoming freshmen would be to make sure you focus on your school work and make appropriate friends before bad habits are developed in this new atmosphere. Using teachers’ office hours and actually going to none mandatory recitations does help refresh your memory for things that you already know and improves your understanding for things you may not know, so going to them is beneficial. I really wish someone would have told me how hard it would be to wake up and go to classes even after you have received 10+ hrs of sleep. I guess college really makes you lazy because I never missed a day of High School, well until my senior year at least. Everyone knows you don’t have to go to class senior year. Currently I am assisting roughly 5 or 6 people, who really wish to get into Georgia Tech from my high school, with their application process. I am also helping them improve the aspects of their transcripts and credentials that I have been told Georgia Tech really looks at on the application.  I wouldn’t do anything different if I could start college over, but if I could start High School over, I would have definitely went to a High school that offered more AP credit, that way I wouldn’t be way behind in classes like I am now. Also those extra credit hours come in handy when you are fighting against other Tech students to get registered for the classes you need. I missed the good Calc  and Chemistry class by like 30 minutes, which if I would have had more credit hours, would not have been the case. 

No comments:

Post a Comment