Wednesday, December 8, 2010

How I’ve Changed & Goal-Setting Post



When it comes to attitude and personality, I figured college would change me significantly and I would never be the same again. After spending 4 months at Georgia Tech, I cannot see any change in character. Yes I have become more responsible in a sense that I am not living with my parents and mooching off of them, but I still laugh at the stupidest of things and when I’m not in class nor a professional environment, I am always trying to be a class clown. One key thing that I realized and still haven’t fixed yet is the fact that I do not know how to study. Throughout high school I never had to study for almost anything, but here I need to study for almost everything. The development of my study habits will be the final decider of whether or not I am good enough to attend Tech.  A main alteration to my study habits I believe when come when I move into my apartment. At the dormitory there are way too many distractions and I have a hard time studying with my Roommate in the room even if he is completely quiet. I know going to the library is an option in order to get a nice quiet place to study, but I think I’m too lazy to go up freshman hill especially when it’s cold outside. This GT 1000 class really cleared up the question I had of whether I wanted to intern, co-op, or study abroad. I have decided that Interning during my sophomore or later summer would be the most beneficial thing for me to do. In between these internships I would also like to partake in undergraduate research projects involving my major. Hopefully these things will allow me to end with a career in something I not only enjoy, but will be good at. 

No comments:

Post a Comment